The Intuitive Awareness of a Leader | Barbara Inc.

The development of intuitive and interpersonal intelligence mark a new era in leadership.

Great leaders can feel the energy of their business environment and their team, they are adept at getting ahead of problems before they arise.

Research in the field of interpersonal communication shows that most people perceive only 10% of communication which is verbal, leaving 90% of non-verbal information virtually undiscovered. Intuitive awareness of non-verbal communication offers a much greater field of information which in turn supports a more accurate assessment and greater ability to respond quickly and appropriately.

Leaders that lack intuitive intelligence are oblivious to the underpinnings of their energetic environment creating a high susceptibility of segmentation and fragmentation within their teams. As opposed to being prepared and ahead of the curve, leaders with low intuitive intelligence end up blindsided and are many times forced to manage in reaction to adverse conditions.

When the emotional climate within a business fragments – the business looses momentum. Over time leadership becomes overwhelmed and employees disgruntled from the ever-growing issues of dysfunction.

For years we have searched for ways to teach the tools of great leadership. In most companies, the vast majority of people were promoted into leadership based on a limited skill-set in their area of expertise. They are essentially plunged into a survival-of-the-fittest environment and many lack the skills to create a thriving and inclusive environment of inspiration, wholistic and long term success.

For thousands of years horses have been innate masters of this invisible quotient and now they are more than willing to share their skills.

When humans are encouraged to interact with horses in a teaching environment they learn how to access greater levels of non-verbal information.

How do they do this? Horses are prey animals and as such they have an additional and highly developed sense of non-verbal awareness for their own survival.

It’s not that humans don’t have access to this sixth sense as well, but most humans have relied on logic and intellect for so long that they have essentially disconnected from the environmental sense of awareness – which quite possibly holds the most valuable and critical-to-success information of all.

When there is something out of balance in the equine environment, horses immediately and appropriately respond.

Question: How important would this kind of awareness be within an organization?

Answer: Many resource depleting issues could essentially be averted allowing leadership and their teams to focus on creativity and greater success.

For more information on equine experiential leadership programs see:http://barbarainc.com